- 1 DigiByte Technical Info
- 2 DigiByte Support
- 3 DigiByte Ecosystem for Buying, Storing & getting DGB
- 4 DigiByte Ecosystem for using DGB
- 5 DigiByte Mining
- 6 Become Part of the DigiByte Community
- 7 DigiByte Marketing
- 8 DigiByte Digi-ID
- 9 DigiByte Related Websites
- 10 DigiByte FAQs
- 11 DigiByte Guides
- 12 DigiByte Articles
The DigiByte blockchain was developed in 2013 and released in January 2014 by Jared Tate (Creator & Founder of DigiByte) with an open-source protocol.
DGB is the Digital Asset/ Cryptocurrency and is being mined over time (21 Billion over 21 years 2014-2035 with a 1000:1 ratio to BTC) with a max supply of 21Billion in 2035.
Although based on Bitcoin, adjustments in the code allow for improved functionality, including 15-second block time, real-time difficulty adjustment and improved security.
The DigiByte blockchain has 5 different ways of confirming transactions, this makes DigiByte one of the safest networks, with a zero chance of a 51% attack (a take-over of the majority of all the mining power).
The security of the network and its incredible speed (40 x faster than Bitcoin) makes DigiByte very suitable for performing safe and fast transactions.
As of July 20th 2019 DigiByte has a total market cap of over US $140 million, but has reached a peak of $1.3B in the past. It is the world's longest, fastest and most secure PoW (Proof of Work) UTXO(Unspent transaction output) blockchain in existence.
DigiByte Technical Specifications
January 10th, 2014
"USA Today: 10/Jan/2014, Target: Data stolen from up to 110M customers"
12,074,749,440 DGB (July 2019)
Max Total Supply:
Current Block Reward:
658.21123431 DGB (July 2019)
Block Reward Reduction:
15 Second Blocks, (75 seconds per Algo)
Algo Block Share:
20% Block Share per Algo (5)
Every 1 Block, 5 Separate Difficulties, 1 For each Mining Algo
You can Contribute Today
Start contributing to DigiByte core development today or begin building your own application on top of the DigiByte blockchain. Everyone working on DigiByte is a volunteer.
Current version: v7.17.2(Current Version of the DigiByte Blockchain)
DigiByte Protocol GitHub(DigiByte Blockchain code only)
DigiByte Core GitHub(DigiByte Core projects & repositories)
DigiByte Official Developers Telegram 🛠 (Communicate with other DigiByte developers)
DigiByte Media Kit GitHub(Logos, Icons & More)
DigiByte Integration Guide(List DigiByte, DGB)
This wiki is run by the DigiByte community and is open to be added to (After email verification), so in the spirit of decentralization, contributions are also available by anyone. Please avoid shameless self-promotion and referral links.
DigiByte Technical Info
- DigiByte History
- Creator & Founder of DigiByte
- What makes up the DigiByte blockchain?
- What makes DigiByte Different?
- What makes DigiByte More Secure?
- What makes DigiByte Faster?
- What makes DigiByte Forward Thinking?
- Why so many coins? 21Billion
- Fast transaction times
- Low Fees
- On Chain Scalability
- Robust security + The Immutable Ledger
- DigiByte application changelogs
- Where to get help (Telegram)
- Donations (Directly help the DigiByte Awareness and Outreach Team)
- Business inquiries (Contact)
- Integration Guide (List DigiByte, DGB)
- DigiSweep (Recover stuck DigiByte)
- Building from source (Not yet completed)
- Running a full node (A full copy of the DigiByte Blockchain)
- Running your own Insight explorer (Create your own DigiByte Explorer)
- Upgrading your DigiByte Core Wallet (Instructions for upgrading your core wallet)
- Speeding up sync for your DigiByte Core Wallet (Instructions for speeding up the sync process)
DigiByte Ecosystem for Buying, Storing & getting DGB
- Exchanges (Buy & Sell DGB)
- Wallets (Manage & Securely Store your DigiBytes)
- Payment Processors (Spend DGB)
- ATMs (Buy & Sell DGB)
- Faucets (DGB Reward System)
DigiByte Ecosystem for using DGB
- DigiByte Explorers (Detailed information about DigiByte blocks, addresses, and transactions)
- Places to spend DGB (Spend DGB)
- DGB Debit Cards (Spend DGB with Debit Card)
- Built with DigiByte (DigiAssets)
- Aircoins (Find and Collect DigiByte, DGB in Augmented Reality)
- Start Mining DigiByte (Starting guide)
- DigiByte Mining Breakdown (The five mining algorithms)
- Supported Pools (Pooling of resources by miners)
- Supported ASICs (Application-specific integrated circuit)
- Supported GPUs (Graphics processing unit)
- Supported FPGAs (Field-programmable gate array)
- One Click Miner (GPU mining on Windows)
Become Part of the DigiByte Community
- Ways to introduce DigiByte (Introduce to DigiByte)
- DigiByte Awareness and Outreach Team (DGBAT)
- DigiByte Media Kit (Logo's, Icons & More)
- Promotional images (PromoteDGB)
- DigiByte Memes (Not yet completed)
- What is Digi-ID? (YouTube explanation video)
- Digi-ID website (Official Digi-ID Website)
- Integration Guide (Integrate Digi-ID)
- Digi-ID supported sites (Sites, where Digi-ID is integrated)
DigiByte Related Websites
- Official Website (Official DigiByte Website)
- DigiByte Awareness Team (DigiByte Awareness and Outreach Team)
- Blockchain 2035 (Jared Tate's Book)
- DigiByteWallets.com (Compare and choose your DigiByte Wallet)
- DigiByte Rocks (Repository of links to useful resources for DigiByte users & developers)
- DigiByteTorch.com (Showcasing DigiAssets)
- DiguSign (Securely store, notarize, validate and secure any document)
- VESTi (Vest in your future using advanced blockchain technology)
- V-ID (Validation service uses blockchain technology to end all document fraud)
- AntumID (World Privacy ID and DigiByte Blockchain authentication services)
- PromoteDGB.com (Offers wide range of promotional materials (digital & print) for the DigiByte Blockchain)
- Block 30 Labs (BLOCKS powered by DigiByte as a DigiAsset)
- DigiBytePay.us (DigiCafé Mobile Point of Sale App)
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- DigiByte Guides (Helpful Guides, disclaimer it could contain outdated information)
- Integration Guide v1.4 (List DigiByte, DGB)
- DigiByte Media Kit (Logos, Icons & More)