Creator & Founder of DigiByte
From DigiByte Wiki
- Jared Tate, aka “DigiMan”, is the founder and creator of DigiByte.
- Jared was born and raised in a small town in Idaho. He learned the basics of computer programming and web design at an early age from his mother, a computer scientist charged with maintaining sophisticated nuclear computer systems for the US Government. He became an Eagle Scout, earned his pilot’s license, was captain of both the football and basketball teams, and was elected student body president his senior year.
- During his junior year in high school, Jared was selected to represent Idaho in the United States Senate as a Senate Page for the spring term (109th congress) in 2005. After serving almost six months as a Senate page on the US Senate floor, he became very familiar with the ins and outs of the day-to-day operations of the US Capitol.
- Upon graduating from high school, he received multiple nominations to the US Air force, Naval, and Military academies. He attended the United States Military Academy at West Point for a short time before transferring back to Army ROTC at the College of Idaho, where he contracted with the Idaho National Guard. While at the College of Idaho, he became a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity as well as a competitor on the men’s swim team while majoring in Psychology & Business Administration.
- Jared is a 2008 graduate of the US Army Leaders Training Course where he received commendations for expert marksmanship, physical fitness, and leadership. After encountering several complications following an eye surgery, he was released from his military service obligation.
- He is a certified personal trainer (ACSM) and enjoys multiple sports including snowboarding, swimming, and taekwondo. He is a licensed fixed wing pilot with over thirty hours of helicopter flight training and is currently finishing a degree in Aviation Administration.
- Jared has been involved with Bitcoin since 2012. In the Fall of 2013, he decided to make several improvements to the Bitcoin core protocol which culminated in the launch of DigiByte in 2014. DigiByte has pioneered many blockchain enhancements such as DigiShield, MultiShield and MultiAlgo which have all now been implemented by many other blockchains. DigiByte was also the first major blockchain to adopt SegWit.